Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ok..Here Goes!

I have been putting this off for days. I want to Blog...but what to blog about. I really am not that interesting.
I have several "important" points in my life.
First being my family.
Second is being a Real Estate agent and
last but certainly not least (as it is my passion in life) is....Project Children.
So...How do I write about all of those without making such a tremendously long blog no one ever wants to read it? I don't. I will just touch on one thing at a time. Even though all 3 are prevalent in my life every day.


Now. ..My family, Project Children and my Real Estate endeavors have been keeping me very busy. But I want to touch on Project Children here tonight for my first blog.

For the last 10 years our family has been a host family to children from the flashpoint areas of Northern Ireland. When I say flashpoint, I mean the areas where there is still sectarian violence between Protestants and Catholics....remainders of "The Troubles" Thank God, most of those troubles are over now. But there are still some residual ongoing effects from the centuries of turmoil there. The children from these areas of Northern Ireland are victims of prejudice, poverty , generational alcoholism, oppression and hate. They do not stand to a chance to have decent "normal" child's summer.
For over 30 years , the people of the United States have been raising money and volunteering their homes to over 21000 Northern Irish Children for a summer of peace and friendship. My family alone has hosted over a dozen children . This program helps to change the life of these children. Most of the time they become like one of your family.
About 6 years ago, I was fortunate enough to be asked to be the Philadelphia Area coordinator for this program. I have helped place dozens of children with wonderful host families. they raise money all year long, raise awareness , open their homes and most importantly open their hearts to these deserving children.
So...would you consider sharing your family, opening your heart and home to a child from Northern Ireland? I will be glad to assist you in acheiving this . All you need to do is fill out some paperwork and I will do the rest. I promise you , it is something that will enrich your life. You do not have to be wealthy or have an extra bedroom of plan trips to Disney World. All you have to do is fold them into your family, play baseball or soccer with them and feed them. You can make a difference in the life of a child and honestly...Is there any greater difference to make?
Become part of Project Children...help to change the face of Northern Ireland...One child at a time!
Thank you!
Slan! ( Gaelic for peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment